Friday 30 November 2012

my life and fera uma vez

Two posts in a row, to compensate for the lack there of! Hi. 

News from these last few months are, I am still working at MAC on and off, a month here, another week there, a couple of weeks in December. Mixed feelings of being excited and nervous about continuing my Illustration course at Ar.Co - focusing so much on makeup is making me rusty. I have made some new makeup tutorials on MERMADE - the last one of Manila Luzon in Rupaul's Drag Race All Stars (Drag Race is totally my favourite obsession, and Manila is the queen closest to my heart). I also have a new scar - back in September I somehow fainted in my bathroom. My boyfriend called an ambulance (first time in an ambulance, it was fun) and I got 5 stitches! Had a paralysed eyebrow for a while (like Justin Bieber did). Well, I still do, I have yet to recover completely but it's much better now. 

I have also worked twice with Baínha de Copas and Estúdio Fera for their love child "Fera Uma Vez". Baínha de Copas makes colourful exciting clothes, Estúdio Fera make awesome illustration work. So they came together and made beautiful dresses! And I did the makeup for the promotion photos. Eva Maria did the styling for these, too. Here are two of my favourites - my favourite dresses too! You can check out the whole thing here.



And then I was invited to work on their new line, which is yet to be released. And I happily accepted, because it's so much fun, and they're all so nice, and Graça from Baínha de Copas always feeds us all so well (and in case you don't know, the way to my heart is through my stomach). It's just really delightful.

I also went to the theatre a lot to see Brazilian plays, my favourite was Missa dos Quilombos and my least favourite was the last one we saw, which I don't remember the name of and it was so horrible we left during the break. And I'm planning to visit my friends in Berlin in April, and I'm very excited about it.

And yes, I guess that's everything. I will try to remember to post at least weekly - if I don't, what's the point of having a blog then? See you soon, hopefully.

No comments: